Hier sind die letzten 20 Artikel die mir aufgefallen sind. Mehr auf Pinboard.in!
- Billionaires Build
- Variation in False-Negative Rate of Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction–Based SARS-CoV-2 Tests by Time Since Exposure
Care must be taken in interpreting RT-PCR tests for SARS-CoV-2 infection—particularly early in the course of infection—when using these results as a basis for removing precautions intended to prevent onward transmission. If clinical suspicion is high, infection should not be ruled out on the basis of RT-PCR alone, and the clinical and epidemiologic situation should be carefully considered.
- 10 Sci-Fi Movies That Only Make Sense On A Rewatch | ScreenRant
Some of the best sci-fi movies are layered and complex, while others are confusing beyond belief and demand several rewatches to unravel it all.
- Computers Are Hard: building software with David Heinemeier Hansson | by Wojtek Borowicz | Computers Are Hard | Sep, 2020 | Medium
dhh on managing software projects (among other things:) "The magic really is in shifting your mindset from estimates to budgets. Don’t think about how long something takes. Think about how long are you willing to give something. This flips the entire idea. It lets the requirements float. The project definition that is vague is actually more realistic. Highly specific project definitions usually go astray very quickly. Vague enough definitions allow for creativity and selectivity for the people doing the work. And when you allow for those two things, you empower these people with the agency to do the best work they think they can do, not just follow the spec."
- The Pervocracy: How To Have Sex On Purpose.
„Well, I don't think that's any less true for people who aren't ponies.“
- The 24 Absolute Best Movies of the 2010s | WIRED
From the cloistered college campus of The Social Network to the sands of Mad Max: Fury Road, these are the movies that defined the decade.
- 10 Box Office Bombs That Became Classic Movies | Collider
Consequently, some of the best-loved classics were films that did not do well at all when they were first released. That said, there are approximately eleven thousand different versions of this article on the internet, and they all generally feature the same handful of movies.
- Why Bitcoin is not a socialist’s ally – Reply to Ben Arc – Yanis Varoufakis
In my reply below, I shall address you as a fellow socialist, rather than put together a reply meant to address all sorts of different perspectives (e.g. Keynesian, Hayekian, neoclassical)
- Reflections on Being a Female Founder – Tracy writes
I want to see a world where men and women, who make up equal halves of humanity, also make up equal halves of leadership. When that happens, I wholeheartedly believe that the entire world will benefit. We owe it to our sons and daughters to work hard to get there.
- 30 life lessons I learned before turning 30 – Ness Labs
I wanted to celebrate with a list of the most important lessons I learned in those few years I walked the earth.
- Democratic digital infrastructure
The global spread of COVID-19 has shone a bright spotlight on both the vital need for reliable high-speed internet and the inadequacies of the for-profit, corporate model in delivering it.
- Projekt Ö-Cloud: Schramböck setzt auf „wirtschaftliche Landesverteidigung“
Mit der "Ö-Cloud" soll laut Plänen von Margarete Schramböck Österreichs Resilienz und Datensouveränität erhöht werden.
- From the myth of meritocracy to the rise of bullshit jobs – it’s time we admit work doesn’t make us happy – The Correspondent
The mantra of work as freedom, or work as a magical route to happiness, has proved incredibly resilient. But, as the coronavirus crisis is exposing all over again: for billions of people, work is none of these things. For those people, even in 2020, work is a daily tightrope walk between indignity and survival.
- How the Dumb Design of a WWII Plane Led to the Macintosh | WIRED
The reason why all those pilots were crashing when their B-17s were easing into a landing was that the flaps and landing gear controls looked exactly the same. The pilots were simply reaching for the landing gear, thinking they were ready to land. And instead, they were pulling the wing flaps, slowing their descent, and driving their planes into the ground with the landing gear still tucked in.
- Opinion | Lockdown Can’t Last Forever. Here’s How to Lift It. – The New York Times
We need to hit and release the brakes on physical distancing, again and again, until we safely get to immunity.
- Was die Betretungs-Verordnung wirklich verbietet und was nicht | DiePresse.com
Das Betreten privater Wohnungen ist eben gar nicht Gegenstand der Betretungs-Verordnung und kann es mangels Verordnungsermächtigung im Verfassungsrang auch nicht werden. Sämtliche Anzeigen auf Basis der Betretungs-Verordnung wegen Zusammenkünften in privaten Wohnungen werden zu Recht im Sand verlaufen.
Es ist relativ einfach: Weil sie es können. Oder anders gesagt: An der Macht wird man g‘stört.
@ASzigetvari Ist der iPhone Launch gefährdet ist, muss man Apple dazu raten sich nicht über den Globus zu verteilen…